Post a comment with a two to five word premise that you think would be awesome when viewed through my cracked little lens. I will then write you your VERY OWN flitterfic in which I attempt to foster the growth and general welfare of awesome within my usual 100-word confines.
In other words, post a concept and get a story.
Try to mention what name you want to be credited for inspiration; otherwise I'll just use whatever your blogger name is. FWIW, I will also link to your blog when I post 'your' story if you like. Default is not to link, so mention it if you want the awesome power of my 15 daily readers at your beck and call.
This offer is open to everyone who reads this here post right here on Thursday, March 25, 2010. You need not be a regular commenter here. Even anonymous commenters will be welcome. Spread the link to all your friends! It's a crazy story bonanza!
RULES OF THE GAME
1) Nathan reserves the right to maybe take longer than just the one day to actually finish all the stories, especially as he's working all day Thursday.
2) Stories will be written in strict chronological order. First come, first serve.
3) As a correlary of sorts, if you snooze, you lose. Submissions to the Mirrorshards Storygasm Bonanza must be posted by midnight on Thursday.
4) In the event of an unexpected rate of return (more than six, say) stories will be posted to the "front page" of Mirrorshards over several days in order not to blast people's RSS feeds with Nathan's crap.
5) Nathan also reserves the write to discard a given prompt in the event of an obvious troll.
6) Nathan requests that you leave him some space to elaborate and not try to be all clever and stuff. "Hippopotamus eating Rice Krispies treats" only gives so much room to work with, whereas "Laser cufflinks" opens up worlds of possibility.
7) Nathan will now cease referring to himself in the third person, as he keeps forgetting he's doing that and writing in first person and having to revise.